Awards of Merit for Excellence in Interprofessional Education
Award submissions are now OPEN!
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JULY 9, 2021!!
Please see Awards Criteria and Awards Nominiation form below for more details.
Submissions are due Friday, July 9, 2021.Please review nomination criteria carefully and ensure all required materials are included in one submission package. Incomplete packages will not be eligible for review.
Submit a completed nomination form and an electronic copy of your nomination package to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate: Awards Selection Committee in the subject line. Please only submit 1 package with everything included.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
The Centre for Interprofessional Education has established annual Awards of Merit for Excellence in Interprofessional Education in the following four categories:
- Ivy Oandasan Leadership Award
- Award of Merit for Outstanding Role Modeling of Interprofessional Collaboration for Patient-Centred Care to Learners
- Award of Merit for Excellence - Interprofessional Education Teaching (individual or team)
- Susan J. Wagner Student Leadership Award in Interprofessional Education
On behalf of the Centre for Interprofessional Education, University of Toronto and the Awards Selection Committee, we would like to congratulate the recipients and nominees of the 2019 - 2020 Awards of Merit for Excellence in Interprofessional Education. All nominees have truly demonstrated dedication and engagement of interprofessional education and care, so we want to say a big congrats to all the nominees for their amazing work!
2019- 2020 Award Recipients
Previous Award Recipients
- Dr. Filomena Meffe and Ms. Susan J. Wagner (2008-2009)
- Ms. Bonnie Fleming Carroll (2009-2010)
- Dr. Joshua Tepper (2010-2011)
- Ms. Elizabeth McLaney (2011-2012)
- Ms. Lisa Di Prospero (2013-2014)
- Dr. Rick Penciner (2014-2015)
- Dr. Ewa Szumacher (2015-2016)
- Ms. Lindsay Beavers (2018-2019)
- Ms. Elizabeth Hanna (2010-2011)
- Dr. Sheena Bhimji-Hewitt (2011-2012)
- Ms. Darlene Hubley (2012-2013)
- Dr. Chase McMurren (2015-2016)
- Ms. Helen Chang Dawson (2016-2017)
- Ms. Robyn Davies (2018-2019)
- Department of Family and Community Medicine - St. Michael's Hospital (2009-2010)
- Training Enhancement in Applied Cessation Counselling & Health (TEACH) Project - Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (2010-2011)
- Student Experience Committee - St. Michael's Hospital (2011-2012)
- Student Café Team – St. Michael’s Hospital (2012-2013)
- Interprofessional Education Committee - Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (2013-2014)
- Ms. Lorna Bain & Dr. Zaev Wulffhart - Southlake Regional Health Centre (2014-2015)
- Interprofessional Educations Leader Network (2017-2018)
- Princess Margaret Cancer Education team (2017-2018)
- The Arthritis Program (TAP) - Southlake Regional Health Centre (2008-2009)
- Inpatient Psychiatry Team - Mount Sinai Hospital (2009-2010)
- Transitional Care Team - Toronto East General Hospital (2010-2011)
- Krembil Neurosciences IPEC Team - Toronto Western Hospital (2011-2012)
- Hertz Multidisciplinary Neurotology Clinic - University Health Network (2013 - 2014)
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation Team - Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital (2014-2015)
- St. John’s Rehab Professional Practice & Education (2017-2018)
- Southlake Regional Health Centre - Low Back Pain Module Committee (2018-2019)
- Elisa Simpson - Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing AND Lisa Wu - Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy (2012-2013)
- Amy Dhindsa - Dept. of Speech-Language Pathology AND Nikki Fischer - Faculty of Medicine (2013-2014)
- Kaspar Ng - Faculty of Medicine (2014-2015)
- Amy Derochie - Dept. of Occupational Sciences & Occupational Therapy AND Navjot Rai - Faculty of Medicine (2015-2016)
- Richard Tang - Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing AND Faiza Ali - Dept of Speech-Language Pathology, AND Tina Hu - Faculty of Medicine (2016-2017)
- Mishaal Arshad - Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy (2017-2018)
Samantha Bulger - Dept of Medical Radiation Sciences AND Neha Puri - Faculty of Medicine (2018-2019)